09 October 2010

I'm a Big Kid Now

Me being charitable...No I didn't photoshop myself in to this.

I've made it through ASBC (freakin' finally...) with relative ease, and ECAC (evasion & conduct after capture - SERE light, if you will) with relatively few bruises. I'm pretty sure my brain has blocked the past 7 weeks from memory as a self-preservation measure. Now all I can think about is TOMORROWIGETTOSEEBRADANDTHEDOGGIES! The drive from Montgomery, AL - Monroe, LA - Ft. Hood, TX (and tomorrow San Angelo, TX) has been easy but long because I am so anxious. We will be living in our first (rental) home tomorrow, and we are both really excited about all of the extra space - especially a nice backyard for Hank and Spencer.

I'm not sure when the defining moment is in someone's life when they finally feel like an "adult", but I certainly feel that I've arrived after researching to purchase our first washer and dryer. For me, it is best done while enjoying a glass (read: plastic hotel room bathroom cup) of fine Smoking Loon Merlot while watching Dogs 101 on Animal Planet on a Saturday night. I've decided that we need a washer that is a top-loader after I read nasty reviews about front-loaders getting moldy. Our dryer needs to be rated highly in the capacity and noise control areas. I'm still deciding if an extended warranty is really worth it...yep, I definitely think I've made it.

Post soon to follow of our new house details!

Toodles,

Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. I also watch Dogs 101! And my front-loaders haven't had mold probs, but with a top-loader you don't have to bend over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steph! I heard front loaders leak when they get old so it's probably smart to avoid them. I also think you should get the extended warranty, because the one time you don't, that's when something breaks. So happy to hear you and Brad will get to be together again, what a great feeling!! Congrats on finishing up ASBC. Hope to see you guys sometime soon!

    Best,
    Alethea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info on front loaders. We just started moving from our house in springtown to our "new" house in downtown P-town and the washer is a top loader. No problem. the dryer-damn I had to bend low to get the stuff out of the front load there! Good luck and enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete